What Compression Stockings Do I Need and What are The Benefits?komfortadmin
Have you heard of compression socks? Compression stockings are beneficial in relieving manifestations of vein-related diseases that may occur in the lower limbs. These stretchable stockings apply gentle pressure over the calves and ankles to boost blood supply, prevent the formation of clots, and reduce pain. See a large variety of compression stockings on the KomfortHealth online medical supplies store.
Why Do I Need Compression Socks?
Compression stockings or socks help relieve manifestations of vein-related diseases in the lower limbs. Compression socks can be used in the following conditions:
- Swelling of the lower limbs (Edema)
- Varicose Veins – Swollen, enlarged, and twisted veins. They appear blue or dark purple and occur when the defective valves in the veins make the blood flow or pool in the wrong direction.
- Venous Insufficiency – When the veins are not able to pump blood back to the heart
- Pregnancy – Pregnant women feel the compression of vital veins and hormones which causes swollen legs
- Phlebitis – Inflammation of veins
- Lymphedema – It is the accumulation of lymph fluid in the legs
Featured Compression Stockings
3M Coban Two Layer Lite Compression System$27.95Add to cartQuick View
Coban™ Self-Adherent Wrap, Non-Sterile, Latex$58.95 – $131.85
Comprilan Short Stretch Compression Bandage$13.95 – $45.50
JOBST 15-20mmHg Opaque: Maternity Pantyhose Closed Toe$76.00
JOBST 15-20mmHg Opaque: Women’s Open Toe Compression Socks$43.00 – $76.00
Does It Help?
Compression stockings are safe and do not cause any complications. To avoid any such condition, it is crucial to:
- Ensure the socks are not too tight and do not cause pain. Compression stockings are available in several sizes, so it is important to pick an accurate size after you have consulted your physician. If you find it too tight, it can cut off oxygenation, making the tissues dead.
- It is crucial to consult a doctor before choosing compression stockings as these can be dangerous in certain conditions and must be avoided.
Some of these conditions include:
- Skin inflammation or infections
- Inflammation in the veins
- Heart failure
- Diseases related to the arteries
How Effective Are Compression Socks?
Compression stockings have been found effective based on clinical evidence, particularly in diseases related to veins in the legs. These socks have been providing incredible benefits:
- Preventing the blood from pooling in the leg veins
- Improves blood flow in the legs
- Reduce swelling
- Prevent blood clotting in the veins of the legs
- Prevent ulcers
- Reduce pain
- Reduce varicose veins
- Help with lymphatic drainage
How To Use Compressions Socks?
It is imperative to consult your physician before using compression socks. These stockings are available in different sizes and lengths and must fit accurately based on the measurements of the patient’s leg on KOMFORT HEALTH. Your physician can assess the accurate size of the stockings.
Compression stocks are generally worn throughout the day and taken off at night. This perhaps varies for different conditions, hence it is recommended to follow your doctor’s recommendations. The stockings may be worn on one or both legs depending on the patient’s condition. Discontinue the use of compression socks as they become loose, they would not provide appropriate compression, and hence would not be effective.